Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Preparations For The Third Interview


Having completed two wonderful interviews, I was not worrying about whether or not the third interview would go well. Therefore, on Saturday (November, 06) I decided to go to our library to randomly pick a Somali student to finish this interview project.
When getting to the library, on the first floor I saw a seem-like Somali guy sitting at the computer lab doing his homework. I went over to him and asked if he was from Somalia. He said yes. Then I slowly explained the interview thing to thing and asked if he was willing to be my interviewee. He said he would like to but asked me to wait a little bit because he was in middle of something. So I grabbed a seat near him, took out my homework, and waited for him while doing my homework. Before long, I saw some friends of his came and sit tighter with him. They began to talk in Somali. Soon after, he called me over and asked how long the interview would be. I said I just needed maybe fifteen minutes at most. He said a friend of his was willing to be my interviewee and then introduced his friend to me.
Next, his friend and I went found a quite spot on the first floor and prepared for the interview immediately. We introduced ourselves a little bit. His name is Ibrahim Ahmed. He is from Somalia but he was born in Kenya at 1991. Ibrahim came to the United States last year. He is majoring in electrical engineering at SCSU now.
In order to find more connections with him, I brought up my friend Issa Gure (my first interviewee) again and he happened to know him (My friend is a popular guy in this Somali community :). I showed him the Somalia country report I wrote and he was very happy to see what I wrote. I said I would focus on the cultural part of Somalia and let him not worried about any sensitive issues.
We talked a lot before the formal interview.
Finally I had him see the interview and we started the interview right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment